The Wildfire Curriculum was developed by the Alaska NSF EPSCoR Fire & Ice project and uses interactive gameplay to focus on how wildfire changes the Alaska environment. The lessons are NGSS-aligned and engage students in science sense-making practices. These lessons were developed for grade levels 3-5, but can be easily modified for grades 6-8.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under grant number #OIA-1757348 and by the State of Alaska. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation or the State of Alaska.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination.
Individual Lessons from Curriculum
Individual Teacher Resources
- Blank & pre-set game boards (Grades: 3-5)
- Blank & pre-set game boards (10"x10") (Grades: 3-5)
- Fire Behavior Record Worksheets (Grades: 3-5)
- Fire Cycle Story Images (Grades: 3-5)
- Fire Triangle Worksheets (Grades: 3-5)
- Full Sheet Game Piece Replacement (Grades: 3-5)
- Game Rules (Grades: 3-5)
- Individual Game Piece Replacement (Grades: 3-5)